Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Why I should WIN a Cricut Imagine...

I deserve to win a  Cricut Imagine because I am a mommy of a 3 year old and I plan to get as involved with his school activities and such as much as I can! So simple to say, heard many times before but with me it's just a little different.

In 2003 my 9 year old son and I had a major car accident.  He had minor injuries.  I did not do as well.  I became physically disabled and was no longer able to work.  My world changed.  Ironically 2 years later, I met my husband and we married a year after that!

One year, one day other medical problems and 6 painful, tiring months later we were blessed with a baby! Because of his size he needed time in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU).  I noticed in each individual area was a 12x12 colorful page with a picture of the baby, foot print, birth information and parents' names.  The title: Welcome to Banner Mesa NICU.  The nurse walked in and I told her that I was admiring all of the scrapbook styled signs above the incubators.  She said, "I'm so sorry! I've been gone and hadn't started yours!"  She asked me to join the NiCU Mommies Crop Night.  I did!  The baby was released 9 days later, next day we moved into our new home.  

I loved having a craft to document and create memories of our family!  That Christmas I received a Cricut Personal!  My first creation was a Disney Mickey door hanger for my eldest.  Shortly thereafter the medical issues and pain worsened.  I spent days in bed and was not able to put a scrap page together.  By January, I was barely able to take care of our new baby.  

After 2 years, diagnosed with lupus, various implanted gadgets, I felt well enough to dust off my scrap table and get back to work on baby journals and photo sorting!  That brings us to February 2010!  With painful hands and occasional fingers locking I do my best on layouts with my Cricut personal!  I use it for EVERYTHING I CAN!  I've a few more cartridges, and Gypsy.  So long as I pace myself, I'm fine.

I'm not too busy anymore, I do not work, nor able to.  I have time for my sons, my husband and my Cricut Crafting.  I thought (NEED) to get an Expressions eventually but raising two boys takes its toll on a budget.  I saw Imagine and thought: NOW WHAT DO I DO??  I hope that you read this and choose me for an Imagine!!

No comments:

Post a Comment